We are a Czech company in charge of a collectible card game for children called Scratch Wars. Our world is full of valiant heroes, breathtaking battles and strategies, where the brave ones fight against each other, trying to break a terrible curse on their journey to glory. We are currently thirsty for a native German speakers to join us on our way to the international expansion. Read below to see the current vacancies. For more information about the game, see the website or check: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/208284/scratch-wars.
Community Manager for Germany
We are looking for a German native speaker to take care of the development of Scratch Wars community in Germany. We are ready to hit the market, but we need a reliable, enthusiastic and responsible person to help us establish a working community of players, and take care of its further development.
What would you be doing on a daily basis?
- searching for keen Scratch Wars players to build our network of Scratch Lords and Leaders
- communicating with Scratch Lords and Leaders on social accounts (Facebook, Discord), getting their feedbacks on the game, adjusting game hierarchy system based on the feedbacks (or even recreating it for the German region in case it would be needed)
- organizing Scratch Wars events
- spreading the word about Scratch Wars game
- administering Scratch Wars social accounts in German with help of our marketing team
What would you get for it?
- salary :)
- job where you can really create something - you would be the one to adjust players' system in German speaking region,
- job that has an impact - you would be the one who would set the style of newly emerging game environment for the whole DACH market,
- possibility to join many gaming (as well as non-gaming) events while promoting Scratch Wars game (be it Essen Spiel or other smaller ones).
For more information please contact Michaela at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to attach your CV and write about your relationship to games :)
Translator & Proofreader from Czech or English to German
Do you have experience with translations to German? Do you specialize in translating games (PC games, board games, card games,...) or have you already translated/proofread couple of thems? Then translating Scratch Wars may be just for you!
For our collectible card game, we are looking for a translator ideally from Czech, but English is also okay, to German language. There are some manuals, rules, website texts, card descriptions, hierarchy models, and a lot of other materials to be translated and proofread. You would be the one who would set the basic terminology for our game in German, so we need someone on whose translation skills we can rely. From time to time, proofreading tasks would also be on the list.
If you feel that this would be the right job for you, contact Michaela at email@example.com. Don't forget to attach your CV, write about your relationship to games, and mention the price for your translation and proofreading services.
Online/offline game tester (with German)
For our German localization, we are looking for volunteers to help us with game testing. We are searching for testers of the mobile application as well as the physical game.
The testing of the mobile application includes testing of the proper working of the app, looking for language discrepancies, providing feedbacks on application features.
The testing of the physical game includes checking the rules for appropriate and correct German translation, scratching a loooot of cards on random basis to test the overall look and correctness of the cards, playing the game and providing relevant feedbacks on the game.
If you feel like becoming our either online or offline tester (or both of them in one person!) write us about your experience with games and testing and become the part of our team. This task is on voluntary basis, but if the cooperation works well for both sides, we can talk about relevant paid cooperation for the future. If you feel that this would be the right opportunity for you, contact Michaela at firstname.lastname@example.org.